Thursday 2 July 2009

My Brute on iPhone -3

my_brute_5

Gameplay



There are a few different parts to this game. The first is creating a Brute. This is fun because there are a lot of different choices on what to make your Brute look like. The developers shied away from your typical looking person and went for the more anime-looking characters which I really like. You start out with the option to make three Brutes, but you can unlock up to eight throughout your gameplay.

my_brute_5

Once you have your Brute created, you are ready to fight. You are asked if you have a master. If you know someone else who plays My Brute, you can ask them for their Master code, and you will unlock special powers for your Brute. Because none of my friends play My Brute, I was able to search online for a master code and unlock some powers. If you don’t have a master code, don’t fret, you can continue to play the game. I played the first few days without a master and then got one so that I could continue growing in strength. You also want to choose what type of fighter/dojo you want. Each type has a different advantage, so choose wisely as it will affect your skills.

my_brute_5

Now you are ready for battle. Choose from 3 different opponents that pop up from the server, sometimes close to your skill level, other times, not so much. But even the skill level doesn’t show everything since you cannot see if they have special weapons or a helper, which can bring down health significantly. In all reality, it’s a crap shoot until you get into the arena and start the fight. But once the fight starts, there is nothing you can do. Watch as you battle it out with your opponent and hope that your Brute comes out victorious!!

my_brute_5

These are just the basics of the game. There are a lot of unlockable items as you play which can help enhance game play and help your Brute win more battles. The more you play, the more you discover for your Brute!

Controls

There is very little in the way of controls in this game since you aren’t actually fighting. Everything is touch based and very simple to navigate through. No guessing here; just touch and go. Simple iPhone style.

my_brute_5

Suggestions

I think the big miss on this game was an instructional guide. I have never played a dojo styled game before, so I was a bit confused on how to obtain a master or get upgrades and more strength/power for my Brute. I also think that for this genre, $4.99 is a bit on the high side. I think it would be more reasonbly priced at $2.99 since there is little “game play” to it. Other than that, this game is very well layed out and simple to pick up and play. It has continuous replay value as you can always battle another player out there.

Conclusion

As seen throughout my review, this game is simple, yet enjoyable. For me it is great eye candy with the anime looking Brutes and animation. I really enjoyed it and will continue growing my Brute to be a lean, mean, fighting machine. If you’re having questions as to whether this genre is for you, try out Brute lite. It will give you a flavor of the game and help you figure out if you’re willing to pay the current $4.99 price.

----------------------------

Click to read "To pay for iPhone or not?"




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

web statistics